Super Sesame Snaps
This is a great easy recipe that is both healthy and delicious. The preparation time is about 10 minutes and requires just a bowl and spoon to make - so easy! We store these bars in the fridge and simply cut off a bar when we are feeling hungry. They should last about a week or so in the fridge, we think - we usually have eaten them all before then. Enjoy.
Recipe type: Snack
Cuisine: Vegan (contains honey)
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut
- ½ cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds - also known as linseeds)
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together then add in the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Press mixture firmly into a large dish.
- Cover and freeze for an hour or so.
- Keep bars in the fridge and eat them chilled.
- To make the flaxseed meal - We place a cup of linseeds (flaxseeds) in the Thermomix and blend on speed 8 for 10 seconds